PortaCheck Inc. was founded in 2004 by PortaScience Inc. to focus on
the marketing and sale of portable testing devices for the dairy
industry. PortaScience is a nationally recognized company that develops
technologies for easy-to-use tests in the healthcare, veterinary, and
- Formed in 2004 to market portable testing products to the dairy industry.
- Launched its first product, the PortaSCC® milk test, at the World Dairy Expo in October, 2004 - leading to national recognition for the parent company.
- Received three European innovative product development awards.
- Product marketed in over 60 countries.
- Launched the PortaSCC® milk test for goats in 2008.
- Launched the PortaBHB® milk ketone test for cows in 2010.
- Launched UdderCheckTM test for subclinical infection in 2012.
- Plans to expand product line to include more on-farm tests.
- Since its inception in 1999, awarded 14 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants.
- Granted 3 United States patents, with several others pending.
- Commercialized, licensed out, and contract developed over eight products.
- Located in a new 5,000 square foot facility with fully equipped lab and dry room.
- Named 2006 New Jersey Member Company of the Year by the World Trade Center of Greater Philadelphia.
- National 2006 Tibbetts Award for the National Small Business Technology Council